Last night marked the significant release of the My-Bic AJAX/PHP Framework version 0.6. The two major features added are JSON client side encoding and network down handling. Client side JSON encoding will allow you to send more complex structures to your PHP script and they can get converted to normal PHP objects. The other major feature is handling network down issues. For example if your client script cannot get a response back from the server My-Bic will now allow you to define your own network down function or you can use the default method which creates a div on the screen alerting the user of network issues. If there are 3 requests that fail in a row My-Bic disables itself until the page is reloaded. All of those settings are configurable so you can change or override them.
Visit My-Bic's site
Current Features as of 0.6 -
* Easy Forms - one function call will take all your form values and create a pretty little query string for you ajaxObj.getForm('formid');
* JSON Client Side Encoding - Now you can send and receive JSON encoded data from client or server!
* Network Down Protection - MyBic can help to detect when the server is down and will disable itself from making more calls
* Submission Queue built-in - All of your AJAX requests will be sent in the correct order, all requests are stored in the queue to prevent overwriting
* Debugging Aid - just set ajaxObj.debug=1; and you will get a little popup that gives you info on your current request/responses